cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lab Setup Question

elliot4
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, managed to sort another issue thanks to this sub so thought I’d ask another question about an issue with a VLAN. Lab setup with an ASA 5510 and SG200-50P (I know no CLI but it was all I could get my hands on). Anyway I have set up 2 VLANs on the ASA on fa0/1, I set up DHCP and NAT, all good. On the SG200 I have port 49 as a trunk port with the two VLANs tagged. Port 12 is configured as an access port for VLAN 10 and port 14 is an access port for VLAN 20. On port 12 I can can an IP address from DHCP on the ASA but on port 14 I cannot, unable to contact DHCP server. I have made sure the sub-interface is enabled on the ASA and the port VLAN on the SG200 is all set correct as per port 12 which works. Also tried adding another port on SG200 to VLAN 20 and same issue so makes me think it is the ASA.

On the ASA I have set up an IP address etc on interface fa0/1 but I’ve watched some videos where there is no IP address assigned to the physical interface only to the sub interfaces. Could this be my issue?

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

show run from ASA 

below example help you. (this only cover ASA with DHCP - you need to configure NAT as per need)

interface fa0/1
speed 100
duplex full
no nameif
no security-level
no ip address
!
interface fa0/1.10
description INSIDE1
vlan 10
nameif INSIDE1
security-level 50