Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems interconnecting Nodes in client

I installed the 64 bit client on a new workstation, along with a 64 bit version of java.  I configured the client to connect to the server and verified credentials in Preferences -> Web Services.

I added a new topology to a project.  I populated the topology with two routers and two servers.  I set the routers' image and flavor.  I set the servers' image and flavor.  I applied the configuration changes using the "Update Router Configurations" icon.  I saved the topology.

I then selected the "Connect" tool from the Palette.  I clicked on the first router, then on the second router.  I have a black line, but there are no interfaces connected.  I then clicked on the first server, then the first router.  I again get a black line, but no interfaces are connected.

I purchased this product around 30 days ago and still haven't been able to build a working topology.

While following the VIRL boards, it seems like they are working with a newer version of the core product.  When are we going to see an update to fix some of the problems with version 1.0 of CML?  When there is an update, how are customers supposed to access it?  There still isn't any record of CML in the Download portal on cisco.com.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Martin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jonathan,

After speaking with the Product Marketing people, I can tell you that because CML is a subscription based product, it will use the Product Upgrade Tool for any new updates and it will not be using the download portal at cisco.com.  Customers will login to the tool and present their CCO credentials and get the updates based on their subscription.  I don't have any dates for when you will see an update release I'm afraid.  That will be communicated to all subscribers when a release is ready.

I hope that answers the question.

Thanks,

David Martin
Community Manager

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

bikasdas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Jonathan,

You have already raised a support case Sev 3 SR 633303763 on this regard. We are working on this, please be updated with case SR 633303763.

Thanks and regards,

Bikash

Hi

Did this get resolved? I have the same problem with thin black lines and no connections being made. Been using it for several months and only started happening in the last couple of weeks.

Thanks

Simon

Hello Simon,

Please let us know the java version you are using in the client system.

Thanks and Regards,

Bikash

Hi Bikash

I have Version 8 Update 31 (build 1.8.0_31-b13)

Simon

Hello Simon,

Please downgrade your Java Runtime Environment version 8  to version 6 or version 7 to support client GUI.

Thanks and Regards,

Bikash

The only way I could resolve this was to uninstall all versions of JRE 8.  Apparently they can't both be installed to the environment, or there isn't a way to define which runtime you want to use for CML while having both environments installed.  I am running Java 7 Update 75 now.

David Martin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jonathan,

I've reached out to some of the marketing folks to ask about what the future update process will be like (if that has been decided yet).  When I hear back, I'll post here.

Cheers,

DavidM

David Martin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jonathan,

After speaking with the Product Marketing people, I can tell you that because CML is a subscription based product, it will use the Product Upgrade Tool for any new updates and it will not be using the download portal at cisco.com.  Customers will login to the tool and present their CCO credentials and get the updates based on their subscription.  I don't have any dates for when you will see an update release I'm afraid.  That will be communicated to all subscribers when a release is ready.

I hope that answers the question.

Thanks,

David Martin
Community Manager

David,

Thanks for the update.

Jonathan