Views
Helpful
Replies

Uploading INE VIRL to Cisco Modelling Lab

Recto Orpia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone have tried to upload virl labs of INE to CML?

Not certain whether I would need a full personal license or enterprise license but just tried with the CML Sandbox and is giving me the below error. Trying to test before purchasing...

Import an existing Lab

Lab Topology files can be uploaded in either .yaml CML2 or .virl VIRL 1.x files.

Failure

Upload of topology failed... below is the response:

Error importing VIRL 1.x topology file. XML parsing error: Schema version does not meet minimum supported version: 0.95.

Thanks for any inputs,

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure what is the VIRL version you have, pleae check the limitation here :

Topology Files

CML 2.0 supports backward compatibility for .virl topologies from the 1.6 release with some limitations. You can import your legacy .virl files from your local machine to the CML server from the Lab Manager page in the new UI. In the 1.6 release, topology files generally reside on the local machine under the GUI's workspace folder. To find the local path to a particular topology file, right-click on the file in the Project view of VM Maestro or the CML UI and select Properties from the pop-up menu. The Resource > Location property provides the file location.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi.

Saw the same error myself. Try changing the .virl file schema version to something never. I set it 1.0.

Probably would have been fine to use version 0.95.

Br

Heikki