cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Proximity 3.0 released

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's my pleasure to announce that Cisco Proximity 3.0 is now released.

This new version features lots of exciting new features, including full call controls, contact search and dialing. It also includes both minor and major bug fixes. For a full update on the new features and bug fixes, check out the changelog.

As always, these support forums are a great way for you to offer your feedback. Feel free to post here if you have any feedback related to the updates we've made.

26 Replies 26

We are working towards resolving this issue, you may expect a fix sometime soon.

Hi, is there a fix to this yet ?  My proximity is still not working on my X1 carbon

I was able to get Proximity working by changing the following settings for my internal mic:

1. On you task bar right-click on the speaker icon (near your clock)

2. Choose "recording devices"

3. Highlight the Internal Mic

4. [cid:image001.png@01D47FE2.8F589270]

5. Click properties

6. Click advanced tab

7. [cid:image002.png@01D47FE2.8F589270]

8. Uncheck Enable Audio Enhancements

9. Click apply and OK

qsweed
Level 1
Level 1

I like how you can now dial out in the app in place of the touch panel.  It would be great if the app recognized what quick dial buttons/macros are rolled out to the device.  For example, we have a macro that allows users to connect to WebEx with one button push. Is this possible in a future release?

It's certainly something we'll consider adding, but not in the near future I'm afraid.

nozlaf
Level 1
Level 1

since the 3.0 upgrade our lenovo T series and X series notebooks that are less than 3 years old (older than 3 years still work ) have stopped working, rolling back to 2.x fixes the issue however automatic update keeps bringing them back to 3.0

msumyjr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I was using Proximity 2.x perfectly fine.  In fact I was connected to our MX in the office, as soon as I upgraded to 3.0, I can no longer connect to any device.  Where do I go to get v2.x so I can go back to a working version.

Apologies for the belated reply. Release 3.0.1 will become available within the next working day.

Robert Jones
Level 1
Level 1

Before version 3.0 we had no issues with proximity in our organization. Now we can't connect to any of our rooms system (DX80, WebEX Room Kit, WebEx Room 55, WebEx Room 70, MX's SX's). We use HP Elitebook laptops and HP Elite X2 windows tablets. I had to downgrade proximity on my bosses laptop so he share content on his webex room kit. Is there a fix for this issue?

Robert,

where did you get the previous version of Proximity to downgrade to?  I need a previous version...

From a shared drive here at our office

bolguin01
Level 1
Level 1

An additional issue I have found with 3.0.0 is that when you have extended your display to an external monitor and also share via Proximity, the Proximity wireless sharing prompt will remain on your laptop screen and never disappear. This is a rare scenario, but worth mentioning. Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 10.41.18 AM.png