cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Proximity & service dogs?

Mitchell Ross
Level 1
Level 1

Best I can gather, Proximity communicates using frequency 22 kHz.  While outside the range of human hearing, it's well within the range of dogs.

Does Proximity interfere with (irritate) service/assistance dogs?  Any reports of people using service animals in Proximity enabled rooms?

I'm concerned with deploying a system, and running into ADA issues if service animals refuse to enter the room, or the like.

2 Replies 2

Mitchell Ross
Level 1
Level 1

After thinking about this a bit, part of the issue would be volume.  How loud is the Proximity ultrasonic sound, in a typical conference room?

Sorry about the delayed response. I am not aware of anyone reporting issues with dogs or other animals. We have adjusted the maximum audio level to stay within even the strictest regulations around ultrasound volume.

If you do experience strange behaviour in presence of a system playing ultrasound, please tell us. Note that by default the system automatically adjusts ultrasound volume. If you wish, you can manually reduce the level using the admin interface.

Hope that helps. Don't hesitate to ask about anything else you may be wondering about.