Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable Proximity Indicator on DX80

Eric Losier
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have a CUCM-registered DX80 (running CE 9.7.1). As you would expect, the endpoint will show the Proximity indicator on the right side of the screen when paired and the indicator will go away when paired devices disconnect.

Is there any way to disable this indicator when devices are paired with the endpoint? Since these devices are personal devices, we find this indicator to be "in the way". I couldn't find any option in CUCM or in the endpoint's admin interface.

Thanks!

~ Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Shea Sivell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The icon is a security feature to let users know there is a device paired wirelessly and the icon is hard coded and cannot be removed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Shea Sivell
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The icon is a security feature to let users know there is a device paired wirelessly and the icon is hard coded and cannot be removed.

Shea,

It would be extremely helpful if the Icon could be relocated to the left hand side of the screen. The right side has scroll bars, close window icons, taskbar icons, etc. that make it extremely annoying when trying to work. I understand the need to show the icon due to security, however most overlays today allow repositioning to a different side of the screen.

Thanks,

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: