Views
Helpful
Replies

Don't consider the system to be sleeping when the laptop lid is closed

christianperez1
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I would like to propose this feature request: "Don't consider the system to be sleeping when the laptop lid is closed but when the system really goes to sleep. OR let us configure this somewhere."

Reason behind it: Our executives have SX10 and SX20 codecs on their offices and recently we introduced proximity to them, they loved it! unfortunately most of them uses docking stations, and when they close the laptop lid, proximity goes to sleep... even when they are using the laptop with an external monitor and keyboard etc etc., we originally thought that the problem was the microphone going to sleep but later we found that is proximity the one that takes the "lid closed" event and goes to sleep. 

Hope this makes sense to you, and I hope even more that you could consider the suggestion.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For your information, multiple possible fixes for this have been considered but no fix is in the pipeline yet. Thanks.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For your information, multiple possible fixes for this have been considered but no fix is in the pipeline yet. Thanks.

No fix was included in the latest release yesterday, but I have a hope we can include it in the next release. No promises for time frame, sadly there are other features in other products that have been prioritized for a long time now.

Is it now ready to keep the proximity connection even after to close the lid? work for both Windows and Mac?

Thanks

Sorry, the change has not yet been included in a release. We are working on some larger changes, and only making bug fixes on the stable release. When we will release again is yet to be decided.

Hi mneergaa

Do you know a solution or workaround?

I tested with MAC and Windows with 2.0.7 but it doesn't work, please let me know if do i need something to this feature works while the lid is closed?