Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Proximity cripples the sound while Jabra Bizz 2400 II CC connected

We have recently started to test Proximity 3.0.1 and noticed that specifically putting headset model Jabra Bizz 2400 II CC gives us crippled sound like there is no low tones and increased high tones. This is behaviour of having Proximity running in a system tray.

We do not have issues putting earlier model of Jabra Biz 2400.

i know that Proximity does not use headsets for pairing but in order to create better experience for users, we would like Proximity to be running in background all time and connecting to endpoint when in range automatically.

proximity headsets issues.png

6 Replies 6

Hi,

I did some more tests in comparing the headsets on which it works and headsets where it does not

Jabra Bizz 2400 II CC

(Proximity running)

jabra_new.PNG

Jabra Bizz 2400 II CC

(Proximity running)

jabra_new2.PNG

Jabra Biz 2400 II (both running & not running):

jabra_old.PNG

Can someone from the community or from Cisco try to test it with this model?

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Sorry for the belated reply.

Is it an option for you to have the headset set as default recording device for communications only?

There are som hints in the screenshots at https://proximity.cisco.com/help/?platform=win&code=AUDCLNT_E_UNSUPPORTED_FORMAT

Hi,

Thanks for response. I have lot of doubts of such implementation group wide and chances to set headsets as type of "communication device" globally with different types of headsets could be very hard or impossible. I'll ask internally.

i believe it will be a good fix to implement on Proximity itself to just "ignore" headsets as device used for pairing.

We have plans to attempt to address these issues, but no concrete timeline I'm afraid.

Hello,

Can you please share the status on solving this issue?

Thanks

Mindaugas

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
We have plans for addressing the issue, but no promises for when. For now, try to select the microphone array as the default recording device, then set the headset mic as the default device for voice communication.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: