Views
Helpful
Replies

Proximity for iOS - screen sharing

Yorick Petey
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Recently Webex Teams was enabled to share screen on on-premises registered video endpoints, including sharing screen from an iOS device, which is great!

However, it seems the Proximity app for iOS is still not able to do so. It's limited to receive content and do call control. That's a blocking point for user adoption in some case, because VIP users use iPad instead of laptops and don't understand why only Windows and Mac users can share screens without bloody cables.

Is this in roadmap for the proximity app for iOS?

For this client I have in mind, there is no plan to migrate to Cloud-registered endpoints, or to use Webex Teams, for security constraints.

Thank you.

Yorick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
This hasen't been prioritized, partly because of the limited user base and partly because it's hard to implement in a way that makes sense from a UX perspective. Sorry.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
This hasen't been prioritized, partly because of the limited user base and partly because it's hard to implement in a way that makes sense from a UX perspective. Sorry.

Hello,

And thank you very much for your answer (I didn't get email notification, sorry for delay).

I understand your comment regarding the UX experience. For using it time to time with Webex Teams and Meeting apps on iOS, the Screen Recording feature on iOS is not that simple, even for a techie.

But, it's working and is good to propose for VIP users that use their iPad Pro instead of PC laptops, like it's available for Webex apps. It's better than nothing!

I understand the priority criteria though.

Thank you for the answer anyway!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: