cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Proximity installation switch

Jeremy McCarthy
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking to package the Proximity installation for both Windows and Macs for our user base. No matter how we create the package, the user gets the 'walk through' before they are allowed to use the product. We have already developed a user guide, so we do not want the 'walk through' piece when a user opens it for the first time. Are there any installation switches to suppress that?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jeremy,

When I looked at the .msi in Orca.exe I could not find any custom command line switches to get rid of the walk through.
However, I did find a method of disabling the EULA accept and "walk through" using the registry.

The Proximity .msi creates several registry keys during installation. If you pre-create the following keys before install, users will not be prompted to accept the EULA or have to go through the "First Time Experience" (walk through).

PATH: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cisco\Proximity"

1. String Value - "EulaAccepted" - Value "true"
  2. String Value - "FirstTimeExperienceCompleted" - Value "true"

These keys can easily be created on end-user machines using PowerShell.

I tested with Proximity for Windows version 2.0.2.0 and it worked just fine.

Hope this helps!

- Jon

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Jeremy,

When I looked at the .msi in Orca.exe I could not find any custom command line switches to get rid of the walk through.
However, I did find a method of disabling the EULA accept and "walk through" using the registry.

The Proximity .msi creates several registry keys during installation. If you pre-create the following keys before install, users will not be prompted to accept the EULA or have to go through the "First Time Experience" (walk through).

PATH: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cisco\Proximity"

1. String Value - "EulaAccepted" - Value "true"
  2. String Value - "FirstTimeExperienceCompleted" - Value "true"

These keys can easily be created on end-user machines using PowerShell.

I tested with Proximity for Windows version 2.0.2.0 and it worked just fine.

Hope this helps!

- Jon