Views
Helpful
Replies

Proximity issue with SX80 and external speakers

kowalikmarcin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I have a question, in one room we have always issue with the proximity for the system. Unfortunately, speakers are external so this could cause the issue, however before a go to the AV company I would like to check all possibility thinks, can anyone can let me know the log file location for the proximity issue ( SX80 codec )

Currently, the connection is that audio and video using HDMI cable this going through RX and TX transmitter and then speakers are connected to the display 

Also, the speaker has integrated auto ON/OFF function which activates the speaker automatically as soon as it receives an audio signal. The speaker switches back to stand by mode if it has not received a signal in five minutes 

2 Replies 2

caavideoconf
Level 1
Level 1

Your speakers need to be able to produce the Ultrasound beacon that Proximity needs to work.   This is in the 20 - 22 kHz frequency range.   Many speakers are able to produce up to 20 kHz, but not all will do up to the 22 kHz that is required.

Also, you should set your speakers to stay on rather than turning off.   If they turn off, then they will not be emitting the sound that is required for the mobile device to detect and pair with your system to then be able to wake it up.

Hi 

Thank you for your advice? 

Do you know which logs files contain proximity data? 

Regards