cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Proximity sync issue

modaka
Level 1
Level 1

The proximity application with Ipad has some intermittent issue when we are sharing the PC to the SX80 device and seeing it on I-pad.

How to produce the issue:
1, Connect a PC to SX80 and open 10 page power point presentation file on the PC to show it on the screen
2, Run Proximity application on iPad (only 1 or 2 iPads), then the iPad is connected to SX80
3, The power point presentation is shared on iPad
4, Moving on the presentation to page 1, 2, 3, 4…… on the screen, it stuck at the same page  on IPad (though page 10 is shown on the screen, former page is still shown up on iPad and it does not move on)

We did the same test with PDF, not power point, but the symptom was exactly same.  DX80 is connected to our network access SW, and our QOS template for Video endpoint is applied to the port (100 full).  iPad is paring the SX80 using corporate Wi-Fi network without any QOS.  If there are any recommended network setting for SX series enabling Cisco Proximity, could you advise?

7 Replies 7

Henrik Bakken
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Modaka,
sorry to hear you have problems with Proximity!
Is it always the same slide that get stuck? Or is it a bit random?

I don't have a lot of ideas here, but if the slides are *very* similar (almost no change), our "picture change detection" could think it is the same image and filter it out. Do you think this could be the problem?

Best regards,
Henrik

Henrik,

Thank you for your comment. It happens randomly. The slide is very simple one just for testing with only title and page number on each page.

Regards,

Odaka

So a very small change (eg. if only a small page number) could be filtered out as no change at all. If you also change the header to a different text, I would suspect that to be seen as a different slide.

One thing to test; If you move the mouse pointer around - do you see that on the share? (Since Proximity 2.0, we also render a mouse pointer on the shared content). Moving that around should trigger a change in slides, and thus an update in content.

(The above is most relevant if you are using Proximity also to share content)

In the case there is not much difference on the presentation pages, Proximity does not recognize it is a different slide and keeps showing the same page? I tested with another presentation file, and Proximity worked better with it.  When I move the mouse pointer on the shred content, I can see it moves on the iPad after a few seconds.  When the slide is changed while the mouse pointer is moving on the iPad, the new slide does not show on iPad. 

That is correct. If the amount of change is low, we will not transmit a new image. This saves bandwidth and CPU, as we don't re-send the image if e.g. only the second count on the system clock changes.

If you see the same issues with a presentation with large changes between slides, please tell us!

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Which version of TC/CE software are you running, and which version of the iOS client?

What happens if you connect one iPad, do the presentation, and then connect another iPad (or restart the first one)? Do you get the old slide, or the latest one?

It is "ce 8.2.0 Final d66bc59 2016-06-16".  iOS client is version 10.0. 

When I connect another iPad,I get the old slide which is the same page shown up on the first iPad.