cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Proximity Unable to find devices

sackes1919
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading some laptops to 3.0 they are no longer able to find devices in our environment. Mobile devices seem to find the devices Any thoughts? It has been every laptop thus far.

35 Replies 35

bolguin01
Level 1
Level 1

We have some users experiencing this as well. What we have identified is users who are on Mojave OS and 3.0 are unable to find devices. Further testing is to be completed, but this is what we have found so far. 

Are you running Mac or Windows? What OS?

Win 10

Mac OS 10.14.1, Proximity version - 

Version desktop-3.0.0

After updating to version 3.0 I am unable to connect to TP in any conference room. 

Yes, since upgrading to Mojave, Proximity is not able to connect to any screens

RowanRoth
Level 1
Level 1

I am having this issue as well with version 3.0.0 and Windows 10.  I am attempting to connect to a MX800 running version:

ce 8.3.6 Final 5045787 2018-08-09

This issue seems to be specific to Lenovo X1 Carbons.  There is a workaround listed here:  https://community.cisco.com/t5/cisco-proximity/proximity-not-working-for-lenovo-x1-carbon-from-last-1-week-or/m-p/3736186

The workaround details unchecking Enable audio enhancements

There is no issue with v 3.0.0 running on macOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra).

I have various devices exhibiting the same behavior Lenovo, HP, Surfaces,
I will uncheck enhancements.

That's a great thing to do for improving the ultrasound reception in general. We're also releasing a version 3.0.1 now that will hopefully address many of the issues some users are facing.

Hi @mneergaa,

Do you know when the release date for Proximity 3.0.1 will be?

Any updates on this release? We are also experiencing the problem. We are using Lenovo T470s with windows 10 or MAC OS Mojave 

The update was released November 7th and should address your issues on Lenovo. We have not seen any new issues with MacOS 10.14, and the 3.0.1 release was for Windows only.

The issue with X1 Carbons running Windows 10 has been resolved in my testing with Proximity 3.0.1.

sackes1919
Level 1
Level 1

Update:

Connectivity restored on all devices.

Jason Tintes
Level 1
Level 1

This issue is happening on all of our HP laptops that are running the 3.0 version. installing the old version 2.0.8 works but then proximity auto updates to 3.0 after awhile. Is there a way to stop Proximity from updating to 3.0? I will also try looking a unchecking enhancement.  

thanks....

The issue in my environment has cleared up. Proximity.