cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Proximity Unable to find devices

sackes1919
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrading some laptops to 3.0 they are no longer able to find devices in our environment. Mobile devices seem to find the devices Any thoughts? It has been every laptop thus far.

35 Replies 35

darrenMack
Level 1
Level 1
I am using Mojave and am still unable to connect to any displays... I have Proximity 3.0

@darrenMack,

Can you check that Proximity has access to your microphone on your laptop. For our users on Mojave and 3.0 this was the issue they faced. 

You are correct this was the issue.

I think I have a fix.

My microphone was active, but Proximity was not accessing it for some reason.

It started working again when I did this:

In Jabber, I enabled "Use my computer for calls", then Jabber asked, can Jabber access your microphone?

YES

I also rebooted my MAC

After that, then Proximity started working again.

I didn't see a setting/option in Proximity to access microphone, so go through some other app like Jabber/phone

How do I check Proximity has access to the microphone?

Go to System Preferences - Security and Privacy - Privacy tab - click Microphone - on the right Cisco Proximity must be checked. 

I did verify that the microphone access is there for Proximity, but some time it won't work. 

Ah, I see that no apps are requesting Microphone, but I can’t add any apps to it either, I am using Mojave…

Can anyone tell me how to add an app to allow it to use the microphone?

There is post: Go to System Preferences - Security and Privacy - Privacy tab - click Microphone - on the right Cisco Proximity must be checked. 

Sadly, Proximity isn’t shown in this box, and I have no way of adding it

Screenshot 2018-12-05 at 09.26.36.png

I am having a similar issue.  My machine does not detect any Webex devices.  I have made sure that the microphone is enabled as you can see below.  I am running a new 2018 MacBook Pro with MacOS 10.14.2.

Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 8.01.25 AM.png

I am having a similar issue.  My machine does not detect any Webex devices.  I have made sure that the microphone is enabled as you can see below.  I am running a new 2018 MacBook Pro with MacOS 10.14.2.

Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 8.01.25 AM.png

I'm having this issue as well.  Case opened, but no updates.

I'm running MacOS Mojave 10.14.3, and Proximity 3.0.0.

I have checked and Proximity has access to the microphone.  I have unchecked, quit Proximity, re-checked, started Proximity, no joy.  Reboot the Mac, no joy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: