cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TC 7.X C60 Proximity

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have seen this post https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13307351/behavior-proximity-mx700-tc739 and I realize TC is not supported here and Cisco wants you to move to CE code but customer has many C60 and don't have the budget. Plus last year I did proximity at their site and at least on mobile it worked fine but we didn't have the PC client so we couldn't test it. Now the customer is starting to get CE is needed error messages and the main reason they want this is for wireless share from PC to replace a competitor solution. Is there any workaround here because replacing these units won't work

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

"That is from the desktop client - it in practice does not support TC. It used to be possible to override that by presenting using alt+f12 but I cant guarantee that still works."

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Proximity for Desktop (Windows/OS X) isn't supported with TC software, only Proximity for Mobile (IOS/Android), you must upgrade to CE software if you want to use the desktop client.

We had talks with the folks in Norway on this already, they gave us a workaround with no guarantee that it will work, asked the customer to try and see if it helps

What was the workaround they provided?

"That is from the desktop client - it in practice does not support TC. It used to be possible to override that by presenting using alt+f12 but I cant guarantee that still works."

So, please do test Alt-F12, but it is not recommended to run in production. Results may vary, and since we do not test new Proximity client builds towards unsupported (TC) software, we would not know if it breaks compatibility for some reason. 

For endpoints not able to run CE software, I would recommend looking at other solutions for wireless sharing (Chromecast, Airplay, or a cheap Miracast dongle etc), or just live with the cable in those rooms.

Best regards,
Henrik