cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VMHorizon Virtual Desktop Environment

dbrinker
Level 1
Level 1

My department is rolling out VMWare Horizon Clients to business employee's laptops for performing their jobs. Currently we are unable to use Cisco Proximity (WebEx Desktop App)  from the VMWare Horizon clients on these laptops to share content our of Cisco Video endpoints (Primarily Cisco Room Kits).  Has anyone worked thru this and got it working?  The client is capably of using the mic and speakers of the laptop so in theory it should work.  We are all on-prem registered video endpoints.  My VMware client is 5.0.0 build-12606690.

1 Reply 1

mneergaa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The main reason why it would fail is the fact that audio is typically sent transcoded, resampled and/or processed through multiple software stacks. If you can get the VMWare Horizon to send the audio in a lossless manner and set both the sender and recipient devices to the same recording rate (e.g. 16-bit 44.1khz) you might get it to work.

I've had mixed success with using Proximity in scenarios where the audio passes through multiple layers of software abstraction (e.g. virtualization, remote desktop.) even when I've tried to follow that guideline.