Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO AnyConnect 4.10.05095 installation fails on windows 10

nickchal777
Level 1
Level 1

Dear experts,

I have tried installing the CISCO anyconnect-win-4.10.05095-core-vpn-predeploy-k9 in Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H2, OS build 19044.1645.

However, the installation fails with the following error in the event viewer:

The description for Event ID 2 from source acvpnva cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Function: WinMain
File: c:\temp\build\thehoff\phoenix_mr50.755010980685\phoenix_mr5\vpn\vacon\vacon.cpp
Line: 377
Invoked Function: find_remove_va
Return Code: 259 (0x00000103)
Description: No more data is available.

I have searched the forum but all the answers I have tried weren't able to fix the issue.

Would it be possible to suggest me any potential solution to the issue?

Thank you!

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First thing do you have enough permission to install as admin ?

Second is this issue only for this PC ?

Try to uninstall if anyconnect is installed already.

as per the below thread your version should have fixed if this is sha1 issue: worth checking?

https://community.cisco.com/t5/vpn/anyconnect-win-4-10-01075-installation-fails/td-p/4493789

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello,

I have admin authorization and the issue is located only on this PC.

I have already uninstalled a previous version of anyConnect (anyconnect-win-4.7.04056-core-vpn-predeploy-k9) before performing the installation.

As for the SHA1 issue, I have downloaded the latest CISCO AnyConnect version, but still no luck.

Thanks!

nickchal777
Level 1
Level 1

Hello again,

I tried installing using Run as administrator or Run as Different User (and selecting the administrator user).

The issue persists, however.

Would it be possible to send you a log of something in order to help me with the installation?

Thank you.

nickchal777
Level 1
Level 1

Hello again,

I have one additional error (if it helps):

The description for Event ID 2 from source acvpnva cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Function: WinMain
File: VACon.cpp
Line: 671
Invoked Function: InstallVA
Return Code: -536870330 (0xE0000246)
Description: WINDOWS_ERROR_CODE

Thank you.