cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CML 2.5

imanless
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I have a question. Is there a way to configure the image of the devices (such as routers and switches), that whenever I bring them into my lab, they have a start-up config same as the one I configured them with. Like I don't want to configure "logging synchronous" on each and every router every time I set them up for my labs. Is there a way to embed this command permanently into the device's image ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Looks like this capability is new to 2.6; from the Release Notes:

Improvements to Node and Image Definitions

CML 2.6 introduces an option to make node definitions read-only or read-write, enabling you to prevent or allow changes to a node definition.

Disclaimer: I am long in CSCO

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Ramblin Tech
Spotlight
Spotlight

Yes, but not in the image. You can edit the "provisioning" section of the node definition to add commands that all nodes of this type will initially run.

imanless
Level 1
Level 1

Thankyou for the quick response. But why is the provisioning section greyed out ?

I upgraded to 2.6 so not entirely sure how much difference there is with 2.5 wrt the node definition page, but with 2.6 there is a Read-Only toggle switch at the top of the page. Might be there for 2.5 as well, but I do not remember. Also, even with Read-Only disabled, there is a an "Editable" toggle in the provisioning section.

This is what it says for me. No toggle button to change the read-only mode. Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 23.21.06.png

and then this is the provisioning area.

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 23.23.15.png

Looks like this capability is new to 2.6; from the Release Notes:

Improvements to Node and Image Definitions

CML 2.6 introduces an option to make node definitions read-only or read-write, enabling you to prevent or allow changes to a node definition.