cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NX-OS upgrade question

OrlandoNative
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I'm sure there's documentation on this *somewhere*; but I haven't been able to find it.  I'm somewhat new at "Cisco-ese".

I have a Cisco 5548 switch.  It's running an old release of NX-OS (5).   I want to upgrade it to the latest supported; which is a release 7 variant.

So far, so good.  I can download the kickstart image for the desired release; and copy it to the switch; but the guides on upgrading a 5500-series switch all have examples of using "install all" with *two* files specified in them - the kickstart file and the system file.  But I can't *find* a system file image to download on the download page.

I'm *guessing* that later releases of NX-OS probably use just the one file; extract what's needed; and set the proper system variables; but I'd like to verify this.  If that's not the case; then where does one go to find the system image file?

Perhaps someone might have a more "up to date" firmware upgrade example than that of the documentation I've found so far?

1 Reply 1

Orlando_Native
Level 1
Level 1

Never mind.  Today the website is showing me both the system and kickstart images for download; which for some unknown reason it didn't yesterday.

Problem solved.