cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Obtaining Updates Without a Support Contract

ShaneThomas
Level 1
Level 1

So I have been given the absolute run around for a month now. I have tried opening a ticket to no avail, then tried to do it through email with no response for 2 weeks. After that I called the TAC phone number and they told me they couldn't help me without a support contract and told me to go to this site. All I want is a secure updated switch for my NAS and I can't seem to make that happen. I have a Catalyst 6800IA-48TD on software version 15.0(2)EX5. I have thoroughly reviewed Cisco's security vulnerabilities policy as well as the specific ones targeting my switch and they state free upgrades are provided. I also read the EoL and it say the last day of service is 30 April 2023, so I should still be good. Can anyone give me a suggestion where to got next.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you do not smart contract hard to get update software.

Options 

1. You can google, some where you can find the IOS (which may be right or wrong, it may work or not work) - your Luck

2. Contact Local partner help you to get new version, 

3. If you have CCO account you should be able to download the image.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You never got in contact with Cisco TAC.  Your inquiry landed with the "gatekeepers", Cisco Entitlements Team.  Their main job is to shoo people away if the appliance does not have a valid Service Contract.  Their second job is to deny-it-even-exist Cisco policies, such as: 

1. Enhanced or Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty; and
  2. Free software upgrade to fix security vulnerabilities

If you believe the 6800 is running a firmware with known security vulnerability, then bring up the security bulletin.  There should be a section called "Customers Without Service Contracts".  Send the link of the security bulletin to the Cisco Entitlements Team to get TAC to publish the fixed release version.  

Good luck.