Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure

pjdouglas42
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm currently running Prime v3.4 and intend to upgrade to 3.9.

I believe you cannot upgrade directly to 3.9 due to security vulnerabilities that exist in 3.4.

Therefore I would need a new 3.9 build and then restore from a backup of your current build (3.4)

Cisco release notes mentions restoring from 3.8/3.9 into 3.9  but does not mention earlier versions you can restore from.

Does this mean I would need to upgrade our current 3.4 build to 3.7/3.8 before I can take a backup to restore to 3.9 ?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe you cannot upgrade directly to 3.9 due to security vulnerabilities that exist in 3.4.

- yes you can not do in line upgade from 3.4 to 3.9

Therefore I would need a new 3.9 build and then restore from a backup of your current build (3.4)

- The backup of 3.4 not going to work on 3.9

Does this mean I would need to upgrade our current 3.4 build to 3.7/3.8 before I can take a backup to restore to 3.9 ?

yes - 3.4 to 3.7 inline upgrade, take appliance backup of Prime 3.7, install new 3.9 and resore, it works as expected

Make sure you have enough time 3.4 backup and restore take 14 hours , each upgrade dabase resotre take little time be patient.

3.9 restore of 3.7 backup take aorund 6 hours.

Note : Keep the backup safe and out of the box, make sure you remember the password set up for backup.

good thread :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-management/prime-infrastructure-upgrade/m-p/4407116

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

pjdouglas42
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Balaji,

Very helpful.

Presumably, I dont need to patch to 3.7.1. If I upgrade to 3.7 and take a backup to restore to 3.9 that will be ok ?

Thanks

yes that what i did, and it works as expected, Make sure backup is tested (i know it pain)

also if you have any templates, maps, license take backup also out of the box to be safe.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks Balaji,

I thought templates, maps and license would be included would be included in the application backup ?

If not how do you backup these ?

We have ftp remote backups so that side of things is ok.

Got an issues with ftp to the box if you can assist ?

Trying to transfer the upgrade via ftp onto the box and get a 530 permission dened. All login details are correct.

I configured a localftp repository as below:

repository localftp
url disk:/ftp
user xxxxx password hash xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Everything seems what, ftp connects but 530 permisson denied.

What have missed ?

Thanks

Paul