Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure upgrade

dpcdpcdpc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

We have Cisco Prime 3.3 as our wireless network manager and I would like to update it to it's last version (3.9). Since I've never done it before I was wondering if I need to do an upgrade in-between and then go to 3.9. (For example if I first need to go to 3.5 and finally 3.9).

If this was the case, what would you recommend? A fresh install and then upload my AP database?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Read the Upgrade notes and requirements.  ( i suggest each upgrade test and take the backup of that version and upgrade to the next version, do not upgrade to all versions without checking) - this required some planning, ( i know Prime is not going to be in Datapath in the network to interrupt) but you miss management while the upgrade takes place.

you need to upgrade path 3.3 --> 3.4 --3.7 --> 3.9

How to Upgrade From Previous Releases of Prime Infrastructure

If your existing Prime Infrastructure is 3.7.x or 3.8.x, and your upgrade path contains 3.4.x or earlier versions, then you cannot in-line upgrade that server to Prime Infrastructure 3.9 due to security vulnerabilities in the underlying Red Hat 6 installation. You will need to take a backup of the Prime Infrastructure 3.7.x or 3.8.x server, deploy a fresh Prime Infrastructure 3.9 server, and restore that backup into the Prime Infrastructure 3.9 server.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-9/quickstart/guide/bk_Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_3_9_0_Quick_Start_Guide.html#task_1070867

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Read the Upgrade notes and requirements.  ( i suggest each upgrade test and take the backup of that version and upgrade to the next version, do not upgrade to all versions without checking) - this required some planning, ( i know Prime is not going to be in Datapath in the network to interrupt) but you miss management while the upgrade takes place.

you need to upgrade path 3.3 --> 3.4 --3.7 --> 3.9

How to Upgrade From Previous Releases of Prime Infrastructure

If your existing Prime Infrastructure is 3.7.x or 3.8.x, and your upgrade path contains 3.4.x or earlier versions, then you cannot in-line upgrade that server to Prime Infrastructure 3.9 due to security vulnerabilities in the underlying Red Hat 6 installation. You will need to take a backup of the Prime Infrastructure 3.7.x or 3.8.x server, deploy a fresh Prime Infrastructure 3.9 server, and restore that backup into the Prime Infrastructure 3.9 server.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-9/quickstart/guide/bk_Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_3_9_0_Quick_Start_Guide.html#task_1070867

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-9/release/notes/bk_Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_3_9_0_Release_Notes.html

>...

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Export the maps and database and do a fresh install.

Do not forget to read the Release Notes (of PI 3.9) before importing the maps and DB.