cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

110 unmanaged switch and starlink

C-Rad
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CBS110 series unmanaged switch.  I have starlink and it’s not connecting (via the Ethernet adapter) to the switch. I get a solid orange light (on the right) with no traffic indicator on the switch. 

Starlink won’t provide support for 3rd party switches. They say “Some switches have setting to bypass the CGNAT IP addressing we have in Starlink. We cannot make brand or configuration recommendations for 3rd parties but we can provide all necessary information should you be in contact with 3rd party support.”

they also say “IP ADDRESS INFO - On CGNAT the public IP is not routed directly to the router. Our network will issue you a public IP and internal CGNAT IP which is the IP that your router receives. - we are not able to update a customer's IP address. - our Starlink Router IP Addresses can assign your device anything ranging from 192.168.1.20 to 192.168.1.249” 

SO

Please let me know any ideas - I note the default IP address for a Cisco Business switch is 192.168.1.254 (TBC for 110 series?) - could this be the problem?  is there a way to change this on an unmanaged switch? 

Any other ideas is this is not the issue?

thanks 

2 Replies 2

as per your information (orange light) in port, this can be duplex mismatch. try connecting same port to another device like PC or Laptop and verify if port functions properly. also try connecting your starlink device to different ports in switch and try with different network cables.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Yes. I have connected the same port with a mobile hotspot (alternative internet source) and the port and switch operates correctly. I have tried multiple network cables also.