cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What should I do after CCNA (R&S) ?

mandy_saggu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys, I know this question has been answered so many times, but I looking for advise on my case specifically.

I have recently completed by CCNA R&S and exploring my way forward. I have 8 years of experience in Telecommunication industry where I have mostly worked on Ericsson devices. I got only 6 months of experience in Cisco Enterprise environment. I am looking for suggestion from experienced folks to put some light on future trends. Where I should I move from here ?

5 Replies 5

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Cloud and Software defined networks are trending. I believe picking up programming skills like JSON and python are valuable if you want to get into APIs

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thanks Dennis... what would you recommend, for a person not good in programming ?

I would recommend three things: study, study and study. but seriously ideally you would improve on areas that you can actually apply in your day to day job, that makes learning new skills a lot easier.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @mandy_saggu ,

In addition to what has already been said, I mention that in my area cyber attacks have intensified a lot, which is why cybersecurity experts are becoming very necessary.

Therefore my recommendation is to follow that line, in which the knowledge mentioned by @Dennis Mink  are also necessary.

In summary, the paths to follow will depend on your vocation, the possibility of studies and the need of the industry.

I recommend you think about those factors so you can make the best decision.

Regards

Thanks Luis... what would you recommend, for a person not good in programming ?