Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco tech support apps

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

Hi all and folks from Cisco,

I can't help notice the Cisco tech support app on iphone hangs even though switching from wifi to 3G. I happened 3x on me and I just re-install it to have a quick fix. Anyone facing the same issue?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sometimes it helps to completely close out the app and restart your device.  We're still troubleshooting but lack sufficient data to determine a cause.  I appreicate the feedback.

Thanks,

Kent Wong

Cisco Tech Support Mobile Product Manager

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

mduivenbode
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I got the app on my iPod touch and when scrolling down, reading the answers, the app crashes back to my main screen.

I'm connected via Wifi.

Grtz,

Michael

Hi Michael,

Can you tell me with this happens consistently or just sometimes?  Are you running the v1 of the app or the v1.1, the app version should be displayed on the splash screen when you launch the app.  Also, can you let me know what gen is your iPod Touch and the device OS version?

Thanks,

Kent Wong

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Kent/Cisco,

Same thing still happens on my iphone4. Thought it was due to a low 3G or wifi signal but wasn't. Error I'm getting is server not responding and sometimes won't load at all. Downloaded v1.1 again and would start working afterwards.

Sometimes it helps to completely close out the app and restart your device.  We're still troubleshooting but lack sufficient data to determine a cause.  I appreicate the feedback.

Thanks,

Kent Wong

Closing the app and rebooting my iPad didn't help.  I will note, the the action failures only happen when I am logged in.  Also, the validation on post replies complains about requiring more than 2 characters, even if you do have more than 2.  The regular web interface would be perfectly fine for the iPad if it could actually keep me logged in.

mduivenbode
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kent,

I'm using version 1.1.

I have iPod touch v4 with the latest IOS.

I have noticed that not all the topics are crashing my app.

Cheers.

Can you tell if there are certain topics that causes the app to crash?

We are looking into this issue but so have it has been hard for our testers to reproduce.

Thanks,

Kent

Hi Kent,

It used to crash on another topic of mine: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3311137

I could see the first reply from Gogasca, but when I tried to scroll down further, it crashed.

I'm checking the same topic now, and this time it works via my iPod... What did you guys change!?

(few minutes later..)

I checked a dozen of topics now in different communities, but the darn thing won't crash... (wait, that's a good thing right?)

I'm sorry for being not much of help. Good luck tho.

Regards,

Michael

johnlloyd_13
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Kent,

Restarting iphone does resolve my problem. I no longer need to re-download Cisco apps. Probably some ARP or cache issue on iphone.

Thanks for the feedback John!  Glad it's working for you now.

Regards,

Kent Wong

N.ima0102
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have downloaded 1.4 on my iPad.but when I want login via setting menu,I got this error:

"Last action was not completed successfully " and I can not use this app.

Thanks for any help or guidance.

Hi Nima,

Can you verify a few things?  Try closing the app entirely by double-clicking on the iPad home button, the circular button at the bottom of the iPad.  This will reveal the running apps and tap and hold the app until it shakes to close it.  In the meantime, I'll also have our engineers look into this issue to see if we can troubleshoot on our end.

Thanks,

Kent Wong

Hi Kent,

i'm having the same issue as Nima,

the application appears to be very unstable. initally it was working however for the past one month, it has been failing.

i have to re-install the apps in order to read posting.

now when i tried to go into setting(in the app) and enter my cco account, click on register, i will receive "Server Error. The last action was not completed successfully"

is there going to be any patch upcoming or it is still trying to understand so many end user problems that has been relating here?

running on iOS 5.0

Hi Edwin & Nima,

Thanks for raising the issue.  We have been able to isolate the problem to a back end issue and have fixed it.  Please try logging into the app again.  Sorry for the inconvience. 

Thanks,

Kent Wong