cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Feedback for Cisco Support Community within the Cisco Technical Support Mobile App

David Dube
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Recently, the Cisco Support Communities (CSC) underwent a migration to a new platform. The team is working diligently to address people’s comments & feedback after the launch.

In addition to those efforts, this discussion is being opened to help consolidate any mobile specific issues that you may run into while accessing CSC from the Cisco Technical Support mobile application for iOS and Android devices.

The Cisco Technical Support mobile application can be downloaded direction from iTunes, Google Play, or the Amazon Android App store - simply search for "Cisco Technical Support", download and login to the app.

2 Replies 2

@David Dube wrote:

Recently, the Cisco Support Communities (CSC) underwent a migration to a new platform. The team is working diligently to address people’s comments & feedback after the launch.

In addition to those efforts, this discussion is being opened to help consolidate any mobile specific issues that you may run into while accessing CSC from the Cisco Technical Support mobile application for iOS and Android devices.

The Cisco Technical Support mobile application can be downloaded direction from iTunes, Google Play, or the Amazon Android App store - simply search for "Cisco Technical Support", download and login to the app.

cnorborg
Level 1
Level 1

The first question I would have is "why"?    Most of the time I'm looking for technical support, I'm sitting at a device that I can connect to Cisco devices with, which is not my phone or tablet.   I'm usually wanting to either post configurations by copying and pasting (ie: not from a phone or tablet), or I'm looking for others to possible post code snippets or links to documents that will answer my questions.   In other words, for them to write what I'd consider to be a "good" answer, they're probably not at their phone or tablet either.  So, I find this app to be relatively worthless, and furthermore, if it gets to be popular for folks to provide answers with, I'm going to suspect that the quality of those answers is going to be less than stellar.   This would be specifically in regards to the support communities for the most part.

The app as a whole?   Having an interface to TAC cases is nice, although of limited use.  I think any techs I've had would also be of the opinion that pretty much any reply I give to them via the mobile app will be less than stellar in that they are usually looking for me to send a code snippet or "show tech".   Bug search is ok.  Other stuff is also of limited use like Videos, Feeds, TAC support docs.  I'd probably rather navigate the "cisco.com" mobile webpage than come to this app.

My suggestion?   Go back to the drawing table and try to think of how a networking person is going to use the app and where they're going to be when using it.   You might also consider the results you want out of it.  Do you want your support communities to be full of good discussions and well thought out responses?  Or are you looking for short social interactions like facebook?   Nobody is going to spend significant time on a regular basis typing in long responses on a mobile platform.    Make it less cluttered, maybe break it out into seperate apps instead of one huge catchall.

Also think about what your going to call it and be consistent with that.  When I got the email from you requesting feedback, I searched for the app under "Cisco", didn't show up in the quick results in the apple store at least.  Looked for CTS, came up with other results, same with "CTS Mobile App".  Looked for CSC, also other results.  Looked for "Cisco Support via Mobile" and got a result I wasn't sure of, but after looking for "Cisco Technical" I figured out it was right.    

Sorry, not a fan of the concept or the app!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: