cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to find support community documents through iPhone/iPad app?

Tommy Vindvik
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not able to find documents and/or comments under documents in the iPhone/iPad app?

Tried to search for https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24529 using name of document, my name (since I have several comments) and so on - but no hits.

Also, my comments here does not show up under "My Activities"

This seems like a bug?

Regards,

Tommy V        

Regards, Tommy V
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ahhh... that's why... comments on discussions are partitioned seprately from comments associated with discussions. I'm sure that's not the answer you wanted to hear though. I'll bundle this with the request to the commmunities team.

Again... thanks for the feedback!

Dave

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

David Dube
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for the feedback... hopefully, I can answer a few of your questions.

Within the CTS apps (iOS, Android), the search within communities only searches against discussions, not against documents associated with community. I can raise this as a request with the communities team.

On a related note, if you are at the community listing level and perform a search, the search will look for related discussions across all the communities. If you perform yor search while you are within a community, the search will be localized to that community.

I know there is a bug w/re to the Android client in terms of My Activities... Let me dig into what may be the issue with the iOS client. I'm assuming your seeing the issue on both iPhone and iPad... correct? Also, which version of the app are you using?

Regards,

Dave

Yes, I'm seeing this on both iPhone and iPad, using CTS ver 2.3.1 b2329.

Not beeing able to participate in comments taking place under documents in communities is a major drawback in my opinion. Often the documents has the most interesting information for a given issue.

So I hope that I'm not the only one missing this feature, and that it will be added asap

Regards,

Tommy V

Regards, Tommy V

A follow up question... previously you mentioned about not being able to see your comments in My Activities... is that related to comments on documents, or comments on either documents and/or discussions?

Dave

Comments on documents.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Regards, Tommy V

Ahhh... that's why... comments on discussions are partitioned seprately from comments associated with discussions. I'm sure that's not the answer you wanted to hear though. I'll bundle this with the request to the commmunities team.

Again... thanks for the feedback!

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for you swift response

The CTS app is kind of crippled without access to documents and comments on documents (IMHO).

Regards,
Tommy V

Regards, Tommy V