Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 10 1803, Cisco Anyconnect VPN, Security at a Glance constantly opens

Tim Jeens
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

On several of our Windows 10 1803 Laptops, and when connecting to our VPN using Cisco Anyconnect, Windows Defender Security Centre's - Security at a Glance constantly opens and becomes the active window.

Every 5 or minutes it takes the foreground and makes it impossible to work while connected, regardless if you close it or shrink it.

All the items have green ticks, do not display any issues when popping up.

I can't see anyone else having this issue on the almighty google, so am hoping someone here might be able to help?

Let me know if you need any more information.

Kind Regards,

Tim Jeens

1 Reply 1

Tim Jeens
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, so I have managed to find the reason why this was occurring, or at least got it to stop.

I have set up Advanced Endpoint Assessment ver. 3.6.1177.2 - Host Scan, under Secure Desktop Manager.

After removing all Microsoft products from all 3 options:

AntiVirus, Personal Firewall and AntiSpyware.

The pop up of Windows Defender then went away.

This Host Scan was working fine for a couple of months, so I assume Microsoft changed something in Windows Defender, which causes interference with the Host Scan.

Is this something that needs to be updated in Cisco Anyconnect, or Windows 10?

I am running Anyconnect v. 4.6.01103.

We don't actually use Windows Defender for any of these products, utilising ESET Smart Security for AV, FW and AS.

So do I need Host Scan checking for all these scanners, I figured I do, for when someone connects using their non work PC which could have whatever AV installed.

Thanks,

Tim