Views
Helpful
Replies

xsi-actions get requests params returns limited results

Glenn van Bavel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi community,

I am messing around with the Broadworks XSI API to extract data from the api to our own datawarehouse. I have the API up and running and I am getting data back. The only problem I have right now is that I am getting a limited set of results.

Say for example directories/CallLogs/Placed always returns 20 records. 
directories/Enterprise says 1174 available records but returns only 50 records.

I have read the whole broadworks xsi guide but I cant find any parameters to instruct the API to get all records, with something like skip&take so I can loop through the data with a Python script.  

Is there additional documentation out there (that for the life of me I can't find) that elaborates on the global usable request parameters? 

I tried start=1, limit=1000
start=1, end=1000
skip=0, take=1000
I read that if the api doenst recognize the params it just ignores them. 

This is the request I have setup right now:

URL: https://our_host/com.broadsoft.xsi-actions/v2.0/user/a_user_id/directories/calllogs/placed?format=json

Headers:
Authorization : Basic key
Content-type : application/json; charset=utf-8
Accept : application/json

Hoping that someone can point me in the right direction

Thanks!

Glenn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mpcaddy
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like that documentation has the relevant bits missing. I have a loop that goes through the directories. If you look at the directories/enterprisecommon one in that document it shows start and result. From memory the enterprise one is the same as the enterprisecommon which didnt exist when I did my integration. But for enterprise the result size is up to a maximum of 50 at a time.

From a quick browse through i think the same should work for some of the call log directories too but I haven't tried them

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mpcaddy
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like that documentation has the relevant bits missing. I have a loop that goes through the directories. If you look at the directories/enterprisecommon one in that document it shows start and result. From memory the enterprise one is the same as the enterprisecommon which didnt exist when I did my integration. But for enterprise the result size is up to a maximum of 50 at a time.

From a quick browse through i think the same should work for some of the call log directories too but I haven't tried them

Glenn van Bavel
Level 1
Level 1

He mpcaddy, thanks for the insights! That means we can use the start param when we know the hard limit is for example 50 records. Then the loop would be something like:

1st run: start=1

2nd run: start 51

3rd run: start 101

repeat indefinitely untill no more records are returned

Unfortunately the CallLogs directories doesnt respond to the start param which is weird because the documentation describes it will return all call logs: This command is used to retrieve (GET method) or delete (DELETE method) all call logs.

This api is giving me headaches

Yep thats pretty much the process I have, loop through incrementing the start by 50 each time until I have all the entires. 

I have a vague recollection of reading somewhere that only a small history of calls are in the call logs.

Yes the api gave me headaches and nightmares when I first set it up. Especially the long polling for events that was certainly driving me insane to begin with. Especially when its been set up with two ips and expects responses back to the same one that you received over the long polling as the other ip knows nothing about it!

But did eventually get it tracking through calls from call centers to users properly including transfers (for the most part). Been fairly stable too apart from when the provider is doing updates but that affects the whole thing not just my connector.

Thanks for your understanding, its nice to hear I am not the only one that is suffering

I accepted your post earlier as a solution

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: