cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

API for chaging my mute status in WebEx on Mac?

jarcand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I hope I'm asking the right place.  This is my first foray into WebEx development

I would like to make a custom thing/device with a button that'll behave as a push-to-talk button for my microphone when I'm in a WebEx Meeting on my Mac.  I know that many TelePresence devices have a GPIO pin that can be used to do this, but I want to do it with WebEx.

There's many different ways on making a button (Arduino, ESP8266, etc), and I'm not too worried about that.  What I need help with is figuring out how I can make it toggle my mute status.

Is there a way to do a network API call (to the WebEx server) and specify my user should be muted?

Is there a way to do this via an inter-process API call (from one Mac process to the WebEx meeting Mac process)?

Or is there something else you could recommend?

I guess at the very least, I could make a Mac tool that interacts with my desktop directly: finds the WebEx meeting window, gives it focus, finds the x/y coordinates of the mute button, and triggers a click event.  But this isn't my preferred option since it could disrupt other things going on in the active window, or elsewhere on the desktop.  (I do many things at the same time)

Btw, I'm a Software Engineer at Cisco working on Time Sensitive Networking (a new IOS protocol and central configuration tool), so I've got a broad range of technical skills, and have been using WebEx Meetings a lot, but no WebEx-specific development experience yet.

Thanks,

Jeffrey

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

WebEx Developer API's are designed for pre-meeting and post-meeting functionality; they can do very little to a meeting that is currently in progress.. this functionality does not exist within the product.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ncook1
Level 1
Level 1

I have this same question. It seems to not be possible via the API's.

Have you made any head way?    

WebEx Developer API's are designed for pre-meeting and post-meeting functionality; they can do very little to a meeting that is currently in progress.. this functionality does not exist within the product.

Thank you.

miazhang
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar problem at the moment. I would like to know how to synchronize the Mute message of an audio device outside the range of mute synchronization devices supported by webex to webex, or after clicking the mute button on webex, my device will also display mute, I can use the led color on my device to reflect the effect of mute/unmute.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: