cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GetEvent help needed!

millerca1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!! I've been pulling my hair out on this one and I'm hoping one of the guru's can shed some light on this problem before I do go nuts

Here is what I'm trying to do:

I want to pull all events getting as much detail about the attendee's as possible (name, email are bare bones minimum which I have gotten). The user would like to also see address and anything else about the attendee's I can pull. They would love to see the standard and custom registration form fields also.

So in my Java application I've used the XML API to execute these calls:

history.LsteventattendeeHistory (I included the attendeeStats field but it didn't seem to do anything)

history.LsteventsessionHistory

event.LstsummaryEvent

event.GetEvent (this fails because my user the RO Admin account)

user.GetLoginTicket (I wanted to try getting a ticket for the host so I could do a GetEvent but this didn't work for anything)

What I want to do is avoid if at all possible is needing to have all of the credentials for the different host's to do calls like the GetEvent.

I did review the output of a site.GetSite call and noted that the SSO is turned off (<ns1:enableSSO>false</ns1:enableSSO>).

In addition to trying these calls with the XML API I even ventured into very unknown territory and tried to URL API since it's documentation seemed promising, but I never made any progress with it and couldn't find any good examples in Java navigating from login directly to getting an event.

In most cases the events I'm pulling are historic events (if that matters).

Thank you in advance to all!

Cat

2 Replies 2

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Cat,

Did you get a chance to refer thi url-

https://developer.cisco.com/media/webex-xml-api/73GetEvent.html

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Yes I've used that call but it will still limit me to needing to using the event host id and password.

This will give me the values of the custom registration fields questions but I've not seen any of the answers the attendee's give in the responses. Is there any way we can automate getting that data also? Even if the process of getting the main event data is one data extract and the custom fields is another (even using a different API, etc) that is not a problem for me