cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx thin client ("Join by browser") not always available?

john.cleese
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've noticed that some screens in WebEx offer the possibility to log in using thin client ("Join by browser"). It is an interesting option for me as it does not require participants to install browser plugins/extensions nor to launch a temporary executable file, which might be forbidden by local security policy.

thin.png

In my case, I am calling WebEx XML API GetjoinurlMeeting, retrieve <meet:joinMeetingURL> and send it to meeting participants.

But when they click the link, the option of Joining by browser is no longer there...

They either see the following:

msie.png

...or the following:

ff.png

So, my question is:
Is it possible to generate a joinMeetingURL that would additionally display the possibility to join the meeting by browser / using the thin client?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

URL API provides a request to load the meeting information page that asks for name and email address with join link, e.php?AT=SI. GetjoinurlMeeting can build this URL for you if you fail to provide attendee name and email in your request. You may also use the WebEx email invitation engine, which sends emails with join links to end users. The custom direct join links skip the page that allows the attendee to ask for the browser client.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

nmorrow
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

URL API provides a request to load the meeting information page that asks for name and email address with join link, e.php?AT=SI. GetjoinurlMeeting can build this URL for you if you fail to provide attendee name and email in your request. You may also use the WebEx email invitation engine, which sends emails with join links to end users. The custom direct join links skip the page that allows the attendee to ask for the browser client.