cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

webex training session, get host meeting url using xml api

chisheldon
Level 1
Level 1

So I read this post. and understand I can host meeting with url api. But...

The situation is I have to limit the ability of the host to invite other people (since the host is not us, but a third party user on our site). This is clear impossible with api. The next option is to host the training session from a server (with GUI so it can start webex) and let the users join as presenter. In this case, I need to get the host url to send to the server to start webex. I was able to do it with "meeting" in xml api. But I couldn't find a get host url for training session.

Is it possible to get host url for training sessions?

1 Reply 1

jaydem
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sheldon,

You can use the GethosturlMeeting XML request (see Chapter 5.4 of the XML API 5.9 Reference Guide) to automatically generate a host URL.  You'd need to make sure to pass all the parameters being required for your session (i.e. name, email, password, etc...).  Otherwise you can build your own using the Host Meeting (m.php?AT=HM - see Section 2-98 of the URL API WBS 27 Guide) URL API.

Regards,

Jayde

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: