Views
Helpful
Replies

AD integration with Umbrella SIG

REJR77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I plan to install an AD connector on a joined domain server to retrieve identities on Umbrella SIG.

I understand I need to install the AD connector on this joined domain server, but do I need as well to run the script on the domain controller? If so what does this script on the DC?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The script makes sure you have the right level of AD, that the service user exists, and gives the service user access to the Domain Controller that it needs to scrape event logs, and see user adds/changes.
It's a wsf file you can see exactly what its doing.... Used to be tedious as hell to do by hand.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

@REJR77 you run the script on the domain controllers, which prepares them to communicate with the controller.

https://docs.umbrella.com/deployment-umbrella/docs/4-prepare-your-active-directory-environment#run

The script makes sure you have the right level of AD, that the service user exists, and gives the service user access to the Domain Controller that it needs to scrape event logs, and see user adds/changes.
It's a wsf file you can see exactly what its doing.... Used to be tedious as hell to do by hand.