I have a few questions which I mentioned below
I have attached screenshots as well.
1. Not sure, I assume it would be a separate Account unless you requested the trial account was upgraded when your customer purchased the license. I'd recommend contacting support email:- firstname.lastname@example.org or open a support ticket https://support.umbrella.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044216911-How-to-Contact-Umbrella-Support-
2. That's a pretty old version, can it even contact the internet to perform an upgrade? Have you tried forcing the upgrade?
3. You can install the connector on an AD Domain Controller or a separate Member Server.
4. Are you windows clients pointing to the VA's to resolve all DNS requests? The VA's would forward internal requests to your internal DNS servers. Have you defined the internal subnets as Internal Networks in the Umbrella Dashboard.
Thanks for the update.
For point 1 I have opened a case with cisco.
2. How to force upgrade?
3. I will install the AD connector on another free server and the script on the same server.
4. Yes all the nodes are pointing to VM and vm is sending dns requests to the DNS server. Also, I have defined all the internal subnets on Umbrella as internal Network.