Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting trial license for virtual WSA S1000V

msantiveri
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to evaluate the virtual WSA and the guy from Cisco Licensing operations needs SKU and Virtual serial number.

I have deployed the .vmdk file downloaded from cisco.com on my ESXi server but the entire GUI is disabled because the license is not applied so I can't find anything there.

I tried to go to cisco.com/go/license but the option to get the trial license for WSA is not available.

Anyone knows how to get those SKU and Virtual serial number from the virtual machine to provide to cisco so they can generate the license?

Thanks,

Miquel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This brings back painful memories I had managed to repress.  The deep scars have now returned.

Check out this guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/web-security-appliance/118222-qanda-csa-00.html

I have very vague memories of the below.  They could be completely wrong.

I kinda remember using SSH to the appliance and running some command.  I think there is also an option to open a support case and have it attach the diagnostics, and CC you.  The support case will fail because you don't have a contract, but in that attached file is the serial number.

Could be completely wrong.  Like I said, I had manage to repress the memories of the pain.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Go to cisco.com/go/license, as you mention.  Then:

• Get Other Licences
  • Demo and Evaluation
  • Security Products
  • Cisco Virtual Appliance Demo Licence
  • Cisco Web Security Appliance

I'm sure you can work it out from here.

Hello Philip, thanks for answering.

That was the first thing I tried as alwas that I needed a trial version.

It says "Access page to this page is restricted. Thank You"

Ahh, ok that is a bit tricker.

You are going to need some thick skin then.  Send an email to licensing@cisco.com saying you don't have access and could they issue you a demo licence.

Be patient.

That´s also what I did and I ended up writting this post. They need SKU and Virtual serial number. I got the SKU searching the internet but "virtual serial number" is still missing

This brings back painful memories I had managed to repress.  The deep scars have now returned.

Check out this guide:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/web-security-appliance/118222-qanda-csa-00.html

I have very vague memories of the below.  They could be completely wrong.

I kinda remember using SSH to the appliance and running some command.  I think there is also an option to open a support case and have it attach the diagnostics, and CC you.  The support case will fail because you don't have a contract, but in that attached file is the serial number.

Could be completely wrong.  Like I said, I had manage to repress the memories of the pain.

Well, the version command seems to help. At least I got a serial number.

Let's see if this is valid for the guy from cisco licensing. If not, I will go straight to Checkpoint product. I can't spend ages on this.

Thanks again Philip!

msantiveri
Level 1
Level 1

That serial number worked. The wsa has now a 45 days trial.

Thanks!