Views
Helpful
Replies

Linux support for Umbrella Roaming Agent

holgmark37
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am looking at Cisco's Umbrella solution for our company.

But as far i can tell according to the documentation on Cisco.com, Only Windows and Mac is yet supported.

We have many developers who prefer Linux as OS, so my question is: Is there planned any release for Linux in the near future?

12 Replies 12

Niles Pyelshak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Roaming Clients on Linux OS are currently unsupported. However, Linux devices can be provisioned for protection by configuring the devices DNS to either use our Cloud Server IPs or by having them use the Virtual Appliance for the DNS.

Apologies for the delayed response. I wanted to make the note for others that may also be interested.

HTH,
~np

But are there any plans for releasing a Linux agent?
This would really be a good selling point for me

Niles,
What’s your suggestion for Linux mobile computers? We want to have our users protected off-net as well, without fouling up name resolution on LANs that aren’t the company’s, like their home network.

I was told by my partner to use anyconnect with umbrella module..

havent tried it yet as all my linux clients use openconnect because of the sorry state of anyconnect for linux....

That could be an option to install the AnyConnect client and use the Module within the client.

I am just trying to install it now on my Linux VM. 

Please give a review :)

What was the outcome? Any joys?

@ozorgnax1, a few replies have veered from the reply I seek; I am wondering if you the Umbrella Roaming Agent worked with AnyConnect on Linux. The information will be vital to making the decision to purchase a Hardware device I do not need just to get anyConnet licences.

I never got to testing it.

After going to full Firepower VPN I found out that AnyConnect for Linux is
a total rubbish product for client VPN right now, so we are currently using
openconnect instead, so that excludes me from using it with the Umbrella
module.

What happened to the chromebook support as well.  It used to be an option and now it is not there.

Grid
Level 1
Level 1

I wanted to make the note for others that may also be interested.

Is the note regarding @ToucanzooX possible use of Umbrella Module within AnyConnect on Linux

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: