cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MX64W Gives ISP Router IP 192.168.0.1 instead of Meraki Default IP 192.168.128.0/24

Hi,

I have installed Meraki MX64W in my environment and tested and able to reach internet for my local user via MX64W. 

Then i had reset the firewall to factory default using the reset button on device. After that when firewall boots up then it not gives my machine default IP i.e 192.168.128.0/24 series IP connected to Lan port of MX64W, instead it gives my ISP Router default 192.168.0.1/24 IP series.

I had tried resetting it multiple times after this issue, but it still gives the same ip.

Can anyone please help me how can i get rid of this issue.

Regards,

Vishal

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

make sure you remove the device from network, remove all the cable and perform reset (by pressing the reset button)

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Support/Resetting_Cisco_Meraki_Devices_to_Factory_Defaults

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What are you trying to achieve?

When you factory reset the MX it will (on boot) connect to the cloud and grab its config.  If if is still in the same network as before it will just grab the same config again, and continue on working like it did previously.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: