Views
Helpful
Replies

Umbrella Roaming Client query

sv7
Level 3
Level 3

Hello Members,

Below are the some query regarding umbrella roaming client it would be great help if someone help.

1) Umbrella dashboard is integrated with AD server, so for roaming users to apply umbrella policy (Dns and web) would i need to change my DC dns forwarder ip address to 208.67.222.222/208.67.220.220

2) Is it windows roaming client works with umbrella web policy with and without AD integration with umbrella dashboard

3) For users to apply umbrella policy would i need to add roaming computers(windows roaming client or anyconnect module) and AD users both for successive policy implentation or any one will work

5 Replies 5

sv7
Level 3
Level 3

Any help peeps

dbooth001
Level 1
Level 1

1) Umbrella dashboard is integrated with AD server, so for roaming users to apply umbrella policy (Dns and web) would i need to change my DC dns forwarder ip address to 208.67.222.222/208.67.220.220

a. you would use the roaming client and this would ensure your roaming clients connect through the umbrella DNS servers ( 208.67.222.222/208.67.220.220)

2) Is it windows roaming client works with umbrella web policy with and without AD integration with umbrella dashboard

a. yes

3) For users to apply umbrella policy would i need to add roaming computers(windows roaming client or anyconnect module) and AD users both for successive policy implentation or any one will work

a. please expand on this question?

Dbooth01,

Thank you for your reply.

Point 3 means if I want to apply umbrella dns and web policy for my roaming users, then would I need to add roaming computers and Ad user name both in indentity section while configuring policy or anyone would work.

great question.  if you are using the roaming client or the anyconnect add on then all these devices would be listed under "roaming computers" in the identities section.  looking at my demo its lists the device name and not the user.   so if the roaming user is not VPN'd then you will need to ensure policy is applied to the device under the "roaming computers" and if they do VPN then you can use the AD groups.  does this make sense?

alintadimitri
Level 1
Level 1

The Umbrella roaming client is a very lightweight DNS client that runs on your Windows or macOS computers. It is not a VPN client or a local anti-virus engine. It allows Umbrella security and policy-based protection, including our intelligent proxy, to be enforced no matter the network to which you are connected.