cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to configure Cisco Umbrella's connector on an ASA 5500-X

rdutcher
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to configure the connector for our Umbrella account onto our ASA 5500-X so that we don't have to use the forwarders that are currently configured. However we are getting (see attached) error. I know I've followed this guide to a T https://docs.umbrella.com/hardware-integrations/docs/cisco-adaptive-security-appliance-asa-solution-guide-for-umbrella

and can't figure out what is missing. I feel as tho it is a license, or a IOS upgrade that we are missing however our firmware version is the most up-to-date one we can currently download, and according to the pre-reqs we meet every requirement in order to do this.

2 Replies 2

Hi @rdutcher 

You need to be running ASA version 9.10.1 or above, if your hardware does not support this version then you cannot run the umbrella connector.

HTH

rdutcher
Level 1
Level 1

Okay, I figured this was the case, however when we received this device a couple months ago I believed my manager had downloaded the correct version needed. I'm downloading an updated ASA version, and compatible ASDM right now, I'll have everything loaded this weekend and let you know if it works.