Helpful
Replies

1 user multiple devices and jabber client - status issue

rogierboeken
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have deployed a cups 8.6.4 server and enabled a bunch of test users

when 1 user has 1 jabber client all works well, if user does not interact with the computer he is on the jabber client goes in away status.

but some users have 2 or 3 computers, all logged in to jabber. it looks like that the 1 jabber client over rides the other clients, i am working away on computer a) and the status in jabber is away. as soon as i access my ipad with my other jabber client does the status change to available.

is there a way to configure the client status to synch up between all the devices. as many of our users will have at least 2 or 3 devices and this can lead to some confusion and incorrect presence statuses

educating users to logout of the client they are not using is a not feasible as they will simple forget or not do it, the product i am trying to replace (MS Lync 2010) does sync up status between multiple clients (belonging to the same user)

many thanks

1 Reply 1

rogierboeken
Level 1
Level 1

this now works fine with jabber client 9.2. it does not work if you mix 1 user with a mac computer on 8.6.6 and windows 9.2  but among multiple 9.2 computers (all belonging to the same users) this works fine now