Views
Helpful
Replies

Alert Service paging replacement?

hwatson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I was wondering if it would be possible to use Spark as an alternative to phone paging for our oncall system.

We get a number of pager alerts via EMAN's epage service, which is costed to Cisco per page.  If we could see the alerts in spark instead it would be a huge benefit and cost saving.

I've seen some updates to rooms being made by 'machines' i.e. with a git push from Stash I see them come in from 'Platform:Stash'

Any way I can integrate epage, mail alias, splunk search or EMAN alerts to a room?

Any info much appreciated.

Thanks

Harry

3 Replies 3

I'd be interested in the answer to this too -- the APIs have been promised for some time, but I haven't seen anything yet...

@Harry Watson, please post your question to internal community. Yes we have some demo bot scripts we are using to demo the APIs.

@Darren we are actively working on the APIs. With the Tropo acquisition we have some delays and changes, however what you will see coming are 3 major focus areas: Widgets, SDK and open API. At this time I can't comment on the timeline within this forum.  I recommend either review or join one of the Partner update calls and ask that question during webinar session.

Thank you

Miro

nyadunan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee