cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
VIP Advisor

Re: Announcing Cisco Mobile for Android

See here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Android/8_6/Cisco_Jabber_Android_8_6_2_RN.html#wp46650

2.2 or 2.3

Thanks

Srini

Hi Srini,

How come Cisco Jabber for Android is not compatible with Cisco CUCM 6.1.5 anymore?

I know it was in the past...and I have a COP file from the time it was compatible, but never had the chance to test it with our CUCM 6.1.5.

Regards,

Tiberie

VIP Advisor

That would be for the BU to respond, maybe because it is an older release announced EOS/EOL a while back.

Thanks

Srini

Beginner

Yes, the client is dependent on the CUCM team's position re: end of sale and software maintanence. EOS notice is at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps556/end_of_life_notice_c51-589088.html.

Thanks.

Ken

Thank you both for the information.

Beginner

Thank you

Beginner

Dear

why Cisco Jabber v 8.6.4 not working with Galaxy Note while it's working fine with Galaxy S 2 ? the version of the Call Manager 8.6.

really i need a solution or work arround to enable it in my orginization.

thanks in advance

Beginner

Hi we havent supported all Android models and are aware of quite a few limitations deoending on the specific device. Can I ask how you are using Ciso Jabber within your company, and who is your company and account team contacts names? It is exciting to hear that you find the application valuable and I would like to discuss whether its possible to better understand your use case with the goal of creating some white papers or case studies material. Thanks in advance.

Beginner

thanks for your fast response.

As the Cisco document, Galaxy Note is not under the listed supported devices but it's Andriod device.

we are using the Cisco Jabber over the wireless network through the Smartphones like IPhone and Android devices to use the mobility feature. The version of the Call Manager 8.6 and the Cisco Jabber installed version 8.6.4. no firewall between the client and the Call Manager

the Problem :

We have installed the Cisco Jabber on IPhone and Galaxy S2 and it's working fine but at same time we installed Jabber on Galaxy Note with same configuration and setup on the IPhone and Galaxy S2 but it's not registering with the Call Manager.

Note : the Android vesion of Galaxy Note 2.3.6

Beginner

In addtion i collect the log file from my Galaxy Note

Beginner

Hi, we haven't planned to provide support for the Galaxy Note. At this time, it's a relatively new device and we have not seen direct demand to include it in the supported devices list. Does the bank intend to use the Note broadly? I would need the Cisco salesteam to get involved as part of escalating this to the right visibility and meet whatever additional deployment requirements the bank has. Do you want to start a separate email thread between you, me and the Cisco account team--that would be great. Thanks.

Beginner

I'm also now battling with this.  Client also has multiple Galaxy Note phones which we can't get working.  To small to really get anything going through the proper channels but still big enough so that the client is irritated with it not being supported!!

Beginner

Hi,

Downloaded the android version just now and started to config against a CUCM 8.6 cluster. This works ok with the iphone version. However, when I configure the Android (ok, its on a Samsung Galaxy II and Yes I know its not official supported...) version I get the "Please check your internet settings..."

As far as I can see the BOT device looks ok on the cucm... I can see the tftp attempt in the firewall, and it looks ok. The Android is on the very same wireless as the iphone, hence the fw rules should be ok?

How can I get further in my troubleshooting? Would like to have this one as well on the network as the Samsung is becoming very popular here

Trond

Beginner

Hi ,

Any information as when will jabber be able to support galaxy notes?

Thank you.

Beginner

Same here even got more requests today and the Galaxy Note was in there again.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards