cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Any alternate sounds available for Jabber Chat alert?

rshook
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, the default 'sound' for chat alert isn't catching my attention - is there a way to select alternate sounds yet?

19 Replies 19

I made and account just to reply to this. This is great. As a long-time user of Trillian, I really enjoy this alert!

Until Cisco makes an effort to change Jabber's sounds or allow users to easily customize the sounds, this is the answer.

I downloaded gmoore_sjc's WAV. Changed the file name to inAlert.wav. Renamed the existing imAlert.wav and then moved the new WAV to the Jabber sounds folder. Restarted Jabber and waited for a message. Low and behold, I CAN HEAR WHEN SOMEONE MESSAGES ME!

HermanHRB
Level 1
Level 1

Clicked on the wrong link.

Please put it somewhere I can get to.

Herman

I added it as an attachment to my previous post.

HermanHRB
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for posting this.  It is a much improved sound

garyjackowskijr
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is an old problem, but I've just recently been forced to use Jabber and had the same problem.  I was however, able to get this corrected.

I found a nice loud free .wav file that I liked, downloaded that and the program 'Audacity', then imported that file (don't open the file, import it, seems to be important).  Changed the project rate (bottom left) to 48000, then exported that to C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\Sounds\Jabber Chat Alerts

After that, and without a jabber restart, I see that file in jabber settings under file, options, sounds and alerts, then chat message sound.  It plays perfectly for me.  I've done this with a few different sounds and have all worked so far.  

Hope this helps someone.  I've attached one of these, though loud and annoying, it should get your attention.  For me, windows 7 pro, I have it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\Sounds\Jabber Chat Alerts