Views
Helpful
Replies

Ask About Joining CWMS 2.0 Meeting

Helmi Muzammil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I just want to ask, can i join CWMS 2.0 meeting 15 minutes before the meeting started? because in the webex cloud, we can set the time that we can join before the meeting started

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Helmi

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In CWMS, there is a Meetings setting for "Allow participants to join meetings before host" as well as "Allow participants to join teleconference before host".  If enabled, participants can join a meeting up to 15 minutes before the host.  You cannot change the grace period for entry but the simple answer to your question is yes.

Hailey

View solution in original post

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
The setting is 15 minutes per the Administration guide. As I said before, the timer itself cannot be changed only enabled or disabled via the settings selectesd. If you find this to be inaccurate, you need to first verify the NTP configuration and sync across the CWMS VM hosts to ensure you don't have time sync or slip issues. Secondly, compare that source to your reference when you are testing. If you find this to be behaving incorrectly AND there are no NTP issues then you should open a TAC case. I've done a couple of larger CWMS deployments and have not found there to be an issue with this particular item.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In CWMS, there is a Meetings setting for "Allow participants to join meetings before host" as well as "Allow participants to join teleconference before host".  If enabled, participants can join a meeting up to 15 minutes before the host.  You cannot change the grace period for entry but the simple answer to your question is yes.

Hailey

Hi david, Thanks fo your response. I have already checked it before. But i can only join meeting 12 minutes before the meeting started or a host join the meeting.. Can i raise the time up to 15 minutes or 20 minutes ? Thanks and Regards, Helmi

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
The setting is 15 minutes per the Administration guide. As I said before, the timer itself cannot be changed only enabled or disabled via the settings selectesd. If you find this to be inaccurate, you need to first verify the NTP configuration and sync across the CWMS VM hosts to ensure you don't have time sync or slip issues. Secondly, compare that source to your reference when you are testing. If you find this to be behaving incorrectly AND there are no NTP issues then you should open a TAC case. I've done a couple of larger CWMS deployments and have not found there to be an issue with this particular item.