cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ask the Expert:Deploying, Configuring and Troubleshooting Cisco WebEx Meetings Server

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Read the bioWith Srdjan Ciric

Welcome to the Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to learn and ask questions about the Cisco WebEx Meetings Server with Cisco expert Srdjan Ciric.  Cisco WebEx Meetings Server is a highly secure, fully virtualized, behind-the-firewall conferencing solution that combines audio, video, and web conferencing in a single solution.

Srdjan Ciric is a customer support engineer and team lead in the Conferencing Team at the Cisco Technical Assistance Center in San Jose, California. He is an expert in Cisco Unified MeetingPlace Express, Cisco Unified MeetingPlace, and Cisco WebEx Meetings Server. Ciric has worked as an escalation engineer in the Cisco MeetingPlace business unit since 2010. Prior to Cisco he worked with several ISPs in Serbia deploying IP and VoIP services.  He holds a master's degree in electrical engineering from the University of Belgrade as well as CCNA certification.

Remember to use the rating system to let Srdjan know if you have received an adequate response. 

Srdjan might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the Collaboration, Voice and Video sub community discussion forum shortly after the event. This event lasts through March,8 2013. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members. 

27 Replies 27

Srdjan,

Thanks, but as a partner, I can't access any wwwin.cisco.com pages.  Again, I get a 404 error if I try it as www.cisco.com.

Sorry for the nuisance.

Regards,

Mike Flanigan

Hello Mike,

Sorry for confusion over there.

Feel free to reachout to your account Team to help you get information from there. I m aware of "Golden" document prepared to our partners you should request that from your account Team.

Feel free to reachout to me if further assistance is needed.

Thanks Srdjan

christoph.hable
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Srdjan,

When I load the recent OVA of CWMS (1.1.1.9.A) I receive the following requirements which causes confusing:

50 User Admin:

• 4 vCPU
  • 14GB RAM
  • 2 vNIC
  • ~350GB HDD (several partitions)

50 User IRP:

• 4vCPU
  • 4GB RAM
  • 2 vNIC
  • ~112GB HDD (several partitions)

1. These requiremens are completely  different to the Ordering Guide / Cisco UC Sizing Tool and the  available System requirements, which say (since version 1.1) 24GB RAM  for Admin and 12GB RAM for IRP. CPU requirements is now dependent on  ESXI version (5.1 needs more CPUs).
  2. HDD requirements depents of  course on requirements. If e.g i don't need meeting recording at all, we  can say 500GB HDD is more than enough, can't we?
  3. With recent  OVA i cannot choose a combination / co-resident for one VM (Admin +  IRP)? Do you know how this can be achieved with OVF deployment?
  4. If  we have a Micro Installation with max. 5 concurrent sessions, the  50-Port system is extremely oversized. Will there be any change in the  future to install it on a VM with smaller footprint?
  5. Can you explain the Manual Deployment with smaller requirements for Testlab/Demo in more detail?
  6. Meetingplace 8.5 is still not EOS, but i think CWMS will be the migration product. Do you know when CWMS will support audio only conferences (w Scheduling)?

Regards,

Christoph

Hello Christoph,

Let me try to provide answers on your questions.

1. You are right about this , I would go with http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/collaboration/CWMS/1_1/b_System_Requirements_chapter_00.html#reference_A11B522B36F14B59A0B83A374908C9E0

To adress your question , I would sugguest you to open an SR and confirm this with TAC engineers do we have issue here.

2. In regards to HDD requirements I would go with the same document which recommends 1 TB.

3. I would sugguest to open a SR and if yo uare hitting an issue to try to get workaround with manual deployment.

4. I m not aware of this on the roadmap.

5. The question was raised on this thread and I tried to provide workaround for co-residence  "in lab" . If you want to go with auto-deployment on co-residence with anything else it wont work, hardware requirements must be meet for production system.

6. Let me confirm this with PM Team and come back to you.

I hope this was helpfull

Thanks Srdjan

Hello Christoph,

In regards to Roadmap feel free to reach out to me privetly with your contact details and company details.

Thanks Srdjan

francoistetard
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Srdjan,

I rencently installed a CWMS whitout any problems but I'm now having problems to configure the NFS share for the storage server. I configured a NFS share on windows 2012 server and it's not working.

I can't find any documentation that explains the way the WMS server is accessing the NFS share (user, right, ...). Could you please help me to find information with this ?

Regards,

Francois

Hello Francois,

Feel free to open an service request . I'm not aware of a document like that.

What we can do is to find the solution there or provide a workaround with some Linux box.

Feel free to mention my name when opening SR that way engineer working can reach out to me.

Thank Srdjan

yinka.adeosun
Level 1
Level 1

is WebEx meeting version 1.0.1.6 support Android devices?

I have tried many time, still can't join meeting using any..

Thanks.

Hello Yinka,

Android devices will be supported from 1H 2014.

Thanks Srdjan

Hi Srdjan,

could you please give us quick overview of this  product, i.e. compare it with MeetingPlace? Is it successor or we  talking about two complementary products, what are main highlights of  CWMS, is it possible to download trial/demo version to test this  solution, do we need any additional HW apart from VMs for lab  environment...

Thanks,

Tenaro

Hello Tenaro,

Let me anwser your question by providing you Customer Presentation for CWMS.

It highlights the compelling reasons why a MeetingPlace customer should upgrade to CWMS, as well as details of a commercial promotion available to assist these customers in the upgrade.

http://wwwin.cisco.com/voice/doc/CWMS-Customer-Presentation.pptx

If you can not reach this feel free to reach out to me directly and I will provide you this document.

In regards to HW spec here is the link to give you more details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/collaboration/CWMS/b_System_Requirements_chapter_00.html#reference_EE2655849348437FB3A34F4C4D3E1F71

And In regards of trail let me provide you a link for that as well:

http://wwwin.cisco.com/voice/products/conferencing/webex-ms/docs/Cisco-WebEx-Meetings-Server-Ordering-Guide.docx

If you need any additional assistance from me please feel free to email me.

Thanks Srdjan

gmcmanus93
Level 5
Level 5

Since this is a newer product and if anyone is interested I am running Wx 1.1. It is fantastic! Cisco was listening and delivered a solid on prem meeting solution that is leaps and bounds better than MPX. If you are a CUWL customer you are in luck with your licenses. My company was just about to sign the GoToMeeting contract when my cisco account team presented this "coming soon" solution last year. Admittedly, I am an early adopter and started the install last nov and had all kinds of issues due to this being a new product so i probably blazed the trail for smooth sailing to the others making the move now.

I would like to know what the 2.0 road map looks like. There are some missing features that I would like to see that WebEx cloud have. For example, the ability to join by meeting number only. The integration with jabber works great. We have had few little buggy things happen but cisco is headed in the right direction. I would like to see the ability somehow to prevent WebEx from touching every window that you have open when first launching. I have learned to close everything and only open the apps to share otherwise it cause all kinds of video weirdness and lag intially.

I have to give credit when it's due as to not appear to only complain

Hello,

In regards to roadmap feel free to reach out to me privetly with your contact details and company details.

Thanks Srdjan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: