Views
Helpful
Replies

Bluetooth Problem Cisco Jabber and Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II

Kevin AfW
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

We are using Cisco Jabber for making phone calls in the office. As I am listening to music during work, I would like to use my Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II Bluetooth Headphones while working. My Laptop (Win10) recognises two different Bluetooth Profiles from my headphones (Hands-Free and Stereo). The laptop ist connecting to the Stereo Profile by default and everyhting is working fine.

pc_audio_settings.png

However, Jabber is connecting to the Hands-Free Profile and as a result I can't hear a thing when receiving calls. In the Jabber audio settings I can only select the Hands-Free Profile, Stereo is not even listed.

jabber_audio_settings.png

Has somebody experienced the same problem or has even a solution for that?

Thank you for your support.

regards

2 Replies 2

shabbsye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kevin,

Was this working fine earlier with stereo?

Also, make sure you are using supported headsets for jabber

Here is the list of headsets that are supported for cisco jabber

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/unified-communications/uc_endpoints_accessories.html

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's a Windows issue, the device has two different profiles, one for only listening to audio and one for bidirectional audio. 

My laptop used to do the same, at some point they changed the behavior in a Windows update so that devices now would show only once in the audio settings and you would not have to choose the right profile for it to work.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate