For CMS scheduler Email, what are the requirement

kindly note Scheduler already working

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Subhan,

by default CMS scheduler connects with port 25 SMTP.

you need email address from where you want the users to receive scheduling emails from say support@company.com or booking-system@company.com. You can either use authentication or ask the exchange admin to whitelist CMS scheduler IP addresses for direct SMTP port 25 communication.

say exchange IP is 10.0.0.1 and SMTP port is 25. Configure the scheduler like that.

scheduler email server 10.0.0.1  25
scheduler email protcol smtp
scheduler email auth disable
scheduler email common-address meetings@company.com "Meeting Server"

if system uses authentication, then add additional commands based on your environment
scheduler email username admin@company.com
scheduler email auth enable
scheduler email protocol <smtp | smtps> ! TCP or TLS communication with exchange server.

webex-community.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Subhan,

by default CMS scheduler connects with port 25 SMTP.

you need email address from where you want the users to receive scheduling emails from say support@company.com or booking-system@company.com. You can either use authentication or ask the exchange admin to whitelist CMS scheduler IP addresses for direct SMTP port 25 communication.

say exchange IP is 10.0.0.1 and SMTP port is 25. Configure the scheduler like that.

scheduler email server 10.0.0.1  25
scheduler email protcol smtp
scheduler email auth disable
scheduler email common-address meetings@company.com "Meeting Server"

if system uses authentication, then add additional commands based on your environment
scheduler email username admin@company.com
scheduler email auth enable
scheduler email protocol <smtp | smtps> ! TCP or TLS communication with exchange server.

webex-community.png

subhanzaheer901
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Ammar 

Working 

The email scheduler is not sending mails via office 365 but it works with gmail.The status of the cms email scheduler is up  Is there any setting in office 365 that needs to be done?(permission wise)

Meddane
VIP
VIP

read the deployment guide 3.4

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

My email scheduler shows up. I got the email as a participant but the meeting details are not showing up .

I noticed it's showing in a calendar format . It takes the "display name" from this syntax scheduler email common-address meetings@company.com "Meeting Server" to be meeting server (for an example)as organizer.t's supposed to be the name of the organizer who created the space.(the owner of the space)

see screen shot

Screenshot_20220407-061541.png

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

were you able to integrate this with office365?

my email scheduler to office365 is up but i am still unable to receive mail.Is there a permssion in office365 that needs to be enabled to allow third party applications?

newbieregarded
Level 1
Level 1

When you configured the scheduler, did it require TMS?

No. For what should you need TMS?
"Scheduler" is a component on the CMS (like callbridge, webbridge, ...) and is probably the "inofficial" replacement for TMS.

I'm getting mixed messages that you need TMS for scheduler so I want to confirm if I need to get this in the A-CMS license or not.