cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't install/run webex on my mac

tylergraf
Level 1
Level 1

I've been using webex on my mac for a while now for work meetings. Then one day I tried to open it and it gave me an alert saying webex was a corrupt app and to move it to the trash can. I did so and then tried to reinstall webex, but it didn't work. I've tried several times since and I even tried to delete the webex system files in my Library folder. Any way I can make sure it's all uninstalled so I can reinstall it?

20 Replies 20

rangerratthing
Level 1
Level 1

I have a similar problem on two Macs. I've downloaded the Cisco_WebEx_Add-On.dmg multiple times, but the Installer silently fails. I've attempted with both Firefox and Safari. I know nothing is being installed as I have run OS tools to determine changed files, baselining before the install, then running again after.

My next trouble-shooting attempt will be to baseline the file system on the computer where I was able to successfully install a couple of weeks ago, and see what files were added. The lack of documentation detailing file locations, generating logs, etc. for the WebEx client stuff is quite frustrating.

It is frustrating.

My issue is only happening when I try to join a meeting from chrome. If I join from Firefox or Safari, it works fine. So that's my workaround.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful to your situation.

Me too.  Chrome is my default, and the meeting center just doesn't open.  I get the "Join" button, but then nothing happens.  If I go into Safari or Firefox, it works just fine.

I did remove the Webex extension from Chrome and have it automatically re-install on a webex meeting, which worked one time.  But then my next webex meeting failed to open the meeting center.  

I just saw a reminder to clear my cache in Chrome (via chrome://settings/clearBrowserData ).  We will see if that resolves it for my next meeting.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling chrome first?

It's a year later, and I had the same problem with Chrome. Installation simply quits without any dialogue.

Made for a very embarrassing call.

The Terminal command "mkdir ~/Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins" works wonders.

Makes me wonder if someone at Cisco ever reads these forums, and will they ever add this line to their installation script rather than have any number of customers fall on their faces in preparation for a big meeting.

Yes making this directory worked for me just now. Thank you for this post!

This terminal command worked for me as well. So easy.

This problem has happened to us on previous webinars, and we'd given up on trying to watch them. Thought that today, as I had some spare time, that I would use Google to troubleshoot. And voila, your thread was the first one to pop up!

Thanks a million for this PRO tip.

Thought this was the dumbest post....turns out: most useful.

No clue why the install was silently failing, making the directory fixed chrome launching webex for me....

In my case, the plugin never completed the installation process. After this command, it worked perfectly! Many thanks!

Amazing and helpful - thank you!  Hard to imagine they haven't fixed this.

Thanks that helped, it was pretty frustrating to see Cisco Internal support and Webex support bounce this case back and forth. Hope this does not happen with our Customers !!!

It’s worse 🤧

Top tip - so easy when that done......... :-)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: