Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot join audioconference on Webex Meeting Server before beginning

Victor Elizarov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Is it possible to join to audioconf on Webex MS calling on internal Webex DN, after entering the number of meeting (from e-mail) I can hear a message that conf haven't started yet. So if I have scheduled meeting at  2:00 p.m. I can't start it in 1:55 p.m.? Is it real? any settings?

1 Reply 1

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Victor,

You can configure "Join before host" system wide. Go to CWMS Administratiion > Settings > Meetings  and select these option:

The hard coded time for "Join before host" is 15min before scheduled start time.

Also, on your Dashboard, check the Time on the system and see if it is accurate. CWMS pulls time from ESXi host which should have NTP client running, it is connecting to the valid NTP server, and that time is accurate. If the time is not accurate and if you need to make adjustments to time, this has to be done when all the VMs are gracefully shut down, as DB data is very dependent on time stamps.

To check this do the following:
a)      Use vSphere client to connect to vCenter.
b)      Click on ESXi host.
c)      Click on Configuration tab
d)      Click on Time Configuration link in the Software section
e)      Click on Properties in the top right
f)       Verify the time and that NTP Client is Enabled – If time is incorrect, don’t adjust it why your VMs are running. Find the time to put the system into Maintenance Mode, gracefully power the VMs off (Power > Shut down Guest), and then adjust the time. (The time should be adjusted when NTP Client is started and reconnected to NTP server. If that doesn’t happen automatically, you may need to put ESXi host into Maintenance and then Restart it, bring it out of Maintenance, and then start all CWMS VMs)
g)      If the time is OK, click on Options button
h)      Ensure Start and Stop with Host is selected (if not, correct it). If the time is correct and NTP Client is running, but only this setting is wrong, you can make the change without powering off the VMs.
i)        Repeat this on all ESXi hosts in your CWMS deployment.

I hope this will be of help.

-Dejan